If you're a parent, guardian, or you will be the primary accountholder who funds your kids' Greenlight cards, follow these quick steps to get started:
1. Download the Greenlight Card app from the Google Play or App Store. You can also visit www.greenlightcard.com/download to type in your number and receive a text with a direct link to download the app.
2. Complete the registration process as a parent. This includes:
- Setting up your unique log-in information (email address, password)
- Choosing profile settings- (mom/dad/name your kids call you) so we can use these names in your in-app messages
- Adding your children: You can add up to 5 kids to your account. Each child you add will get a card of his or her own with their name on it.
- Verifying your identity- we don't run a credit check on you, but we do verify your information (address, DOB, SSN) to ensure the safety of your account, your funds, and your kids' cards
- Setting up your parent's wallet- This is a virtual wallet for you to store the money you've loaded from your funding source. The funds you keep in your parent's wallet will be available for you to add to your kids' cards in any increment (up to $1,000) that you choose, at any time you choose.
- Funding your parent's wallet- We do ask that you load an initial minimum $20 to complete your registration process
- Enable push notifications- Push notifications will be sent to you when your kids make purchases, request money, etc.
After you complete your parent registration, your kids' cards will automatically be created and sent out to you. Cards typically take 5-7 business days to arrive.