If your child doesn't have enough funds in a specific greenlight to complete their purchase, they have 2 options:
- Pull needed money from Spend Anywhere: within you greenlight settings you can connect any of your child’s individual greenlights to Spend Anywhere. If this is turned on, the overages for a specific greenlights will be pulled from Spend Anywhere and the transaction will not get declined.
Example: Your child goes to make a purchase for $6 at Target, but the greenlight only has $5 in the account; if this setting is turned ON the additional $1 will come from their Spend Anywhere greenlight so that the purchase is not declined.
- Request additional money for a Greenlight store: your child can request more money for an existing greenlight by tapping on the greenlight, adding the necessary amount, and clicking "request money." You can then approve this request, and the amount will be transferred immediately.
Here's how to setup overage coverage for a greenlight through Spend Anywhere:
- From your child’s dashboard, tap on the ‘Spend’ tab, then tap on the specific greenlight you’d like to move funds into.
- Under ‘Add Money’ you’ll see ‘Settings.’
- Simply toggle the “Pull overages from Spend Anywhere” to turn ON the functionality, and that’s it! You’re all set.
- To disable, simply toggle the switch to turn it OFF.
- If you are creating a new greenlight, this setting will be automatically turned ON when you complete set up, but you can disable it at any time.