To register for a Greenlight account, you will need to provide:
- Your email address.
- Your mobile phone number.
- Your child's/children's name(s) and mobile phone number(s) [child phone number is optional if they will not be using the app].
- Your legal first & last name.
- Your mailing address.
- Your date of birth.
- Your social security number (SSN).
- A valid debit card or bank account.
We only ask for your SSN during registration because, like all financial institutions in the US, we are required by the US Patriot Act to verify your identity. This is to ensure your protection. However, Greenlight's top priority is safety, and we use military-grade encryption to protect your information, always.
All Greenlight customers use their phone number and password to log into the Greenlight. However, Greenlight offers a 2nd verification option using biometrics. Opting into this additional security setting will prompt TouchID or FaceID each time you try to open the app.
You can find more information about our safety features here: https://www.greenlightcard.com/features.html