Greenlight's "Spend Anywhere" feature gives your children the freedom to exercise responsible spending. Money in Spend Anywhere can be spent -you guessed it- anywhere!
Here are a few key things to know about Spend Anywhere:
1. Parents will receive notifications about purchases made from Spend Anywhere just as they would for purchases made at stores with approved Greenlights.
2. Allowance money is automatically transferred into Spend Anywhere
3. If your child makes a purchase at a store with an approved Greenlight, but there aren't enough funds in that Greenlight to cover the purchase, funds will be taken from Spend Anywhere to cover the difference.
4. Spending History for Spend Anywhere will look a little different than Spending History for other Greenlights. Since Spend Anywhere funds can be used to cover purchases from approved Greenlights with insufficient funding, you may see entries like, "$5 spent as part of a $20 purchase at Chick-Fil-A."
How to set up Spend Anywhere:
1. From your Parent's Dashboard, tap on your child's card to access his or her "Spend" tab
2. From your child's "Spend" tab, tap into their "Spend Anywhere" category
3. From there, you can choose from 4 suggested amounts, or enter your own custom amount.
4. Once you confirm the amount you want to send and click 'send money', the funds will be transferred to your child's card.