Under the Earn tab, parents can set allowances to pay out weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly, on any day of their choosing. You can also split up allowances between Spending, Saving, and Giving. No need to look for cash on payday ever again! Here’s how to get set up:
- From your Parent Dashboard, tap the child’s card you wish to set an allowance for.
- Navigate to your child’s Earn tab, then tap the Allowance button.
- From here, you can enter:
- The amount of the allowance.
- The frequency it is delivered- weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.
- Where the allowance will be distributed, including to any specific greenlight under your child’s Spend tab, or towards their Savings or Giving goals. You can also split the allowance between Spend, Save, and Give. The amounts distributed to each category must add up to the total amount you’ve set for your child’s allowance.
- Allowances are transferred from the Greenlight Parent's Wallet to the child's card. After you set your Allowance, you’ll have the option to connect one of your funding sources to your Allowance so that you can avoid any payout delays due to lack of funds in your Parent’s Wallet.
Please note - You cannot set an allowance to transfer on the 29th, 30th, or 31st of the month, as there are some months that do not have a 29th, 30th or 31st day. Allowance payments will be added to your child’s card by approximately 6am EST on the day set for your child’s allowance.
If you need to Cancel your allowance, you can follow these steps:
- Follow steps 1-3 above
- Tap the "Cancel Allowance" Button at the bottom of the screen.
To Pause an Allowance for one of your children, follow these steps:
- From your Greenlight dashboard, navigate to the Earn tab on your child’s account
- Allowance will be set to “On.”
- Tap “On” and choose to Pause Allowance.