If your child has the Greenlight app:
The parent on the child’s account must approve the Greenlight Gift prior to the child having access to the gifted funds. The child can receive the Greenlight Gift via text, email, or printed code, and can redeem in their app via the steps listed here. Once a child redeems it in their app, the parent will be notified to approve that gift.
To approve the Greenlight Gift:
- Tap the notification you have received or launch the Greenlight app.
- Tap the Greenlight Gift notification in your Notifications hub on the Parent Dashboard -- You may need to tap into the Notification hub depending on the number of notifications you have available.
- This will take you to the Greenlight Gift detail page where you can approve it.
Once a Greenlight Gift is approved, your child will be notified and the gift amount will be deposited into General Savings, Spend Anywhere, or the Spend Control chosen by the sender.
If your child does not have the Greenlight app:
Greenlight Gifts can still be given to children who do not have the Greenlight app. The parent can redeem the gift for them directly from their app. Here's how to do this:
- Launch the app.
- Navigate to the Greenlight Gift screen by tapping the gear icon from the Parent Dashboard.
- Enter in the Greenlight Gift code to redeem.
- Approve the gift and assign it to the proper child.
The parent can redeem the gift directly from the Greenlight Gift screen in the Parent Settings. On this screen, you can enter in the gift code to redeem and see any pending gifts awaiting approval.