If your child has the Greenlight app:
The parent on the child’s account must approve the gift prior to the child having access to the gifted funds. The child can receive the gift via text, email, or printed code, and can redeem in their app via the steps listed here. Once a child redeems the gift in their app, the parent will be notified to approve that gift.
To approve the gift:
- Tap the notification you have received or launch the Greenlight app.
- Tap the Greenlight Gift notification at the top of your Parent Dashboard.
- This will take you to the gift detail page where you can approve it.
Once a gift is approved, your child will be notified and the gift amount will be deposited into General Savings, Spend Anywhere, or the store chosen by the sender.
If your child does not have the Greenlight app:
Greenlight Gifts can still be given to children who do not have the Greenlight app. The parent can redeem the gift for them directly from the app. Here's how to do this:
- Launch app.
- Navigate to Greenlight Gift screen in the app settings from the parent’s main screen.
- Enter in a gift code to redeem.
- Approve the gift and assign it to the proper child.
The parent can redeem the gift directly from the Greenlight Gift screen in the app settings. On this screen, you can enter in a gift code to redeem, and see any pending gifts awaiting approval.