Our "Spend Anywhere" Spend Control gives your children the ‘green light’ to exercise responsible spending. When parents add money to Spend Anywhere, kids can spend those funds -you guessed it- anywhere!
Here are a few key things to know about Spend Anywhere:
- Parents will receive notifications about purchases made from Spend Anywhere just as they would for purchases made at stores with approved Spend Controls.
- Spend Controls have an overage option, where parents can opt-in or out of pulling funds from Spend Anywhere if a certain Spend Control doesn’t have enough money to complete a transaction.
For example, with the overage setting turned ON, when a child goes to make a purchase for $6 at Target but their Target Spend Control only has $5 in the account, the additional $1 is deducted from their Spend Anywhere account so that the purchase is not declined. If this setting is turned OFF, the purchase is declined.
How to set up Spend Anywhere:
- From your Parent Dashboard, navigate to your child's dashboard at the top of the screen.
- Tap on the Spending tile.
- Within your child's Spending tile, tap on "Spend Anywhere."
- From there, click on "Move $ In" and select the amount of money you would like to move into this Spend Control and from where.
- Once you confirm the amount you want to send and click "Move Money", the funds will be transferred to your child's card.
How to setup overage coverage for a category or store-specific Spend Control:
- From your child’s dashboard, tap on the Spending tile, then tap on the specific Spend Control you’d like to move funds into.
- Once you click into the specific Spend Control, you’ll see "Settings."
- Simply toggle the “Pull overages from Spend Anywhere” to turn ON the functionality, and that’s it! You’re all set.
- To disable, simply toggle the switch to turn it OFF.
- If you are creating a new Spend Control, this setting will be automatically turned ON when you complete set up, but you can disable it at any time.