Our "Spend Anywhere" greenlight gives your children the ‘green light’ to exercise responsible spending. When parents add money to Spend Anywhere, kids can spend those funds -you guessed it- anywhere!
Here are a few key things to know about Spend Anywhere:
- Parents will receive notifications about purchases made from Spend Anywhere just as they would for purchases made at stores with approved greenlights.
- Greenlights have an overage option, where parents can opt-in or out of pulling funds from Spend Anywhere if a certain greenlight doesn’t have enough money to complete a transaction.
For example, with the overage setting turned ON, when a child goes to make a purchase for $6 at Target but their Target greenlight only has $5 in the account, the additional $1 is deducted from their Spend Anywhere account so that the purchase is not declined. If this setting is turned OFF, the purchase is declined.
How to set up Spend Anywhere:
- From your Parent's Dashboard, tap on your child's card to access his or her "Spend" tab
- From your child's "Spend" tab, tap into their "Spend Anywhere" category
- From there, you can choose from 4 suggested amounts, or enter your own custom amount.
- Once you confirm the amount you want to send and click 'send money', the funds will be transferred to your child's card.
How to setup overage coverage for a greenlight through Spend Anywhere:
- From your child’s dashboard, tap on the ‘Spend’ tab, then tap on the specific greenlight you’d like to move funds into.
- Under ‘Add Money’ you’ll see ‘Settings.’
- Simply toggle the “Pull overages from Spend Anywhere” to turn ON the functionality, and that’s it! You’re all set.
- To disable, simply toggle the switch to turn it OFF.
- If you are creating a new greenlight, this setting will be automatically turned ON when you complete set up, but you can disable it at any time.